Friday, August 29, 2008

Dumpling Dumpling~

I wrapped some dumpling for Joy's farewell the other day... Hmph... Long time never wrap dumpling liao.. can't really wrap it nicely... T____T. Inside are mince pork + coriander + onion + seasoning.. It's Nepal's dumpling style.. "MoMo" ^__^.



Ready to steam...

Made some sauce as well to eat with the dumpling. Freshly blend tomato + dried chili + coriander.

Didn't manage to take any picture for the cooked dumpling.. was running out of time to work..

Will taste better if I used the fatter mince pork ... But nvm la.. healthier eating LOL

Joy is leaving for backpacking.. Wish u all the best Joy~ We are going to miss u! Hugs~

Momos' Recipe:

MOMOS

INGREDIENTS
1. Minced pork
2. Ginger paste
3. Soy sauce
4. Salt to taste
5. Coriander leaves roughly chopped
6. Onions finely chopped
7. Oil
8. Water
9. Round dumpling wrappers
10. Dried red chillies
11. Tomatoes
12. Coriander

Method

Mix the first seven mentioned ingredients together. Once the mixture is well combined spoon small amount of the mixture on the dumpling wrapper and seal the wrapper. Dampen the edges of the wrappers with water so that it seals easily. Steam the momos for twenty minutes and serve hot.

Put dried chillies and tomatoes in a bowl of water and microwave for approximately ten minutes. Then throw the water out, peel the tomatoes and add coriander and salt and blend till a smooth mixture.

Leave the dumpling wrappers out overnight!

Leftover momos taste really good if you microwave them for two minutes and just pan fry the bottoms.

Enjoy ! ^___^

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those dumplings look really good!
Friends love my wantons, I hope one day I can make for you girls.. hahaha

ting said...

Don't forget me girls!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that look really good!! You have good wrapping skill!! I don't think I can ever make that nice shape and it just look like those from the restaurant! haha.. I want to taste them!

Anonymous said...

Amazing ronn! hehe.. the dumplings look really pro.

MiuMiu said...

ces: I don't know the right way to wrap wanton or bian nuek either.. Do u know the proper way? I always just simply fold over the meat with the skin LOL

MiuMiu said...

Girls: Come and visit me.. I will make it for u all ^___^
But if not nice dun blame me ok? hehe~

Anonymous said...

Gee! Looks good! You're my friend! All who can cook are my friends! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Unknown said...

The nepal's dumpling really looks like japanese Gyoza(锅贴)*slurp*
Good job gal!!keep it up *pats Ron on her back*

J. J. said...

hey ur dumplings are so cutee!!
Restaurant standard!!!

u are patient!!!

MiuMiu said...

STP: Ou.. Don't need to taste it first b4 u make your decision? LOL

JiaJia:Hey JJ.. Thanks for visiting..A friend from Nepal teach me how to wrap it b4.. actually quite easy one lar~ :)

Jane: Cute?! LOL.. 10Q La.. :)

Anonymous said...

they are really nice.

miumiu is such a good friend...

not sure if u will make dumpling for me the day i left oz...